Top Tips for Surviving Christmas!
It’s Christmas time, yaaay! Enjoy the festive season and don’t fret too much about having a few more chocolates than usual! If you don’t want to start the new year having overindulged, there are a few tricks of the trade that we can share with you!
From Bucks Fizz at breakfast to mulled wine by the fire in the afternoon, to cocktail parties, Christmas is certainly a time of excess. Enjoy it! But don’t forget to:
· Drink a glass of water for every alcoholic drink
· Start by adding a little less booze to your cocktails
· Pop a couple of ice cubes in your wine
The holidays are a wonderful time to get out of the gym, get your family and friends together and enjoy the great outdoors!
· Go for a walk to check out all the Christmas lights (and perhaps Christmas markets if you’re lucky!)
· Take a festive winter walk (aka a hike!)
· There is something fantastically festive about ice-skating rinks at Christmas
"All happiness depends on a leisurely breakfast."
It’s very tempting over the festive season to skip breakfast in order to really make the most out of lunch. Eating a well-balanced breakfast will help to reduce sugar cravings and over-eating later in the day. Our favourite breakfast recipes are:
· Greek yoghurt topped with home-made granola and fresh fruit
· Avocado toast with boiled eggs
Get your zzzzZzzz’s
Between travelling, tying up last minute things at work, shopping, partying, it can be easy to sacrifice our sleep during the holiday period. Burning the candle at both ends has both mental and physical effects on our health.
· Pace yourself, enjoy the odd earlier night
· Indulge in a little TLC for yourself over the holidays too! Take advantage of some time off work to get a little ME time.
We have saved the most important point for last!
· Enjoy time off with family and friends
· Set realistic diet and exercise plans
· Don’t restrict yourself too much, enjoy the treats that you love and enjoy the holidays!
· No guilty feelings over your endless festive excesses…you have the whole year to come and see us at Nefeli Nine and get back on track!
We wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!